This on-line course is designed as 6 modules leading to a final design of your property. In order to give online students enough personalized instruction, the instruction is spread out over the course of a full year. Most PDC’s are completed within 8-12 days and these courses include many students in a group situation, often with hands-on opportunities to apply the learning onsite. This online course is a one-on-one situation; it affords the student the opportunity for more integrated and focused study. If you are interested in taking the online course, please fill our and submit the application (see link at the bottom of this page). Once you are accepted as a student we work out an individual payment schedule for the duration of the course (usually one year). Refunds are not possible after payment is made and the course has begun.
Online Permaculture Design Certificate Course Approach
- A one year, six part course (2 months per segment)
- Upon completion of a final design, the student receives the Permaculture Design Certificate, sanctioned by Bill Mollison and the Permaculture Institute of Australia
- Based on the student’s personal profile and needs the instructor sends lessons pending completion of previous lessons
- Recommended readings are included with each lesson
- The student receives a complete 180 page outline, detailed bibliography, text book (Earth Users Guide to Permaculture – by Rosemary Morrow), six recorded Introduction to Permaculture webinars, and 150 self-study questions.
- A toolkit of appropriate observation and design tools for the course will be suggested
- Communication between instructor and student takes place by e-mail, snail-mail, Skype (or similar communication technology), digital photographs and, if necessary, by phone (this will be limited to “urgent” calls)
- Tuition Fee: $1800.00 (includes course materials) payable by Paypal or credit card through Paypal (Contact Us for details on making payment)
- If the student fails to complete course within the allotted time period and wants to continue working on it, there will be one six month extension allowed for an additional fee to complete the course. If the student has still not completed the course after the extension, the student withdraws from the course with no refund of any fees paid to date. 6-month extension tuition fee: $900
- Once paid and after the instructor mails the initial instructional communication package, no refunds are available. If the student cancels before any materials are exchanged, 50% of any paid tuition fees will be refunded.
Application:Online Design Certificate Course – Application