Yesterday we spent all day out in the field learning how to use plant guides and tasting everything from Solomon’s seal to lamb’s quarters, amaranth, clovers, and then feasting on chickweed and dandelion salad. We also made cordage from the inner bark of basswood and started a fire with birch bark, which has oils in it that allow one to start a fire even when wet. Today we spent most of our time making herbal remedies and teas: pine needle tea, comfrey-St John’s wort-plantain salve, elderberry syrup, mullein tincture. Tomorrow we will make wild cherry bark syrup. Tonight we supplement our meal with steamed milkweed and burdock root. Yum!!!
Recent Blogs Posts
- WHOLE HOUSE (ECO) AGRICULTURE April 13, 2019
- Another Excerpt from My New Book February 25, 2019
- Another Small Segment from My New Book February 18, 2019
- From My New Book February 16, 2019
- My new book just sent off to the publisher February 14, 2019
- Permaculture Project at Rancho Uha in Mexico December 8, 2017